Thursday 8 August 2013

Clinique Face Cream SPF 30 (£17.00, 50ml)


This product both looks and smells like summer to me. A burst of joyous yellow in my otherwise suitably muted and sophisticated Mulberry.

Clinique Sun Protection, the look and
smell of summer
I use a number of Clinique products, but the sun protection range is by far my favourite. Unlike many lotions out there, the Clinique face cream (and other Clinique sun protection products) is totally oil free. The result: a matt look on the skin and no shiny forehead moments. It also absorbs like a dream.

It’s not a cheap product, especially as it only comes in a 50ml bottle (the matching body cream, which I also use, costs about £19.50 for 150ml). So, if I were going to be lying poolside for seven days and slapping this stuff on every two hours all day every day, I might (carefully, mind you) choose a more cost-effective option. But, the SolarSmart technology in the Clinique range ensures that you are protected from the aging and burning effects of UVA and UVB rays respectively, and being sweat resistant it is perfect for those hot days out in the city.

Also, if you’re not a man with a man-bag, this product is pretty much pocket sized – ideal for carrying round to allow for regular reapplication.

As this is all about sun protection, I tend to be fairly liberal with my usage. I’d rather not be (a) the lobster, or (b) prematurely aged for my love of basking. I therefore make sure that I apply cream before I am exposed to the sun, and I am particularly careful to apply to all the usual burning hotspots. For me, this is around the hairline and behind the ears!

In other sun protection related news, I’m super-keen to try Korres’ face cream yoghurt SPF 30 (picutred below), which just sounds quite literally delicious. I may make time to review this, or other Korres products, soon!  
Korres - bringing you natural Greek flavour




2 comments:

  1. This product sounds lovely. Is it greasy at all? And if you put on too much does it flake?

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No flaking that I have encountered, and it absorbs pretty well for a thick cream. One thing I love about it is that (for me, anyway) it's not greasy at all.

      However, I wouldn't use this as a daily moisturising sun-block - only for the days when I know I'll be out and about for much of the day. It really is more sun protection than a skin care product with SPF.

      Stuart
      xx

      Delete