Monday 5 August 2013

Molton Brown, Protecting Vitamin Lipsaver (£12.00, 15ml)

Molton Brown - setting the standard

Molton Brown. Standard. And I mean standard-setting, rather than "ordinary".
I have been using this British-favourite for some time, with pleasing results. The ingredients are wonderful – honey and beeswax make for both a very comforting and healthily protective feeling on the ol’ smackers. Plus, when my lips are dry I find that this product provides relief almost instantly.
The tube is designed for easy application so, unlike a Carmex or Vaseline pot, there is very little “wiping your finger dry on your trousers” wastage. I always find that with Vaseline my shirt, tie, trousers (or all three) become slightly greasier throughout the day… Also, the tubular design is incomparably more hygienic for sharing!
My main (and perhaps only) problem with this product is that, although the balm creates a protective layer over the lips, it does not offer specific sun protection. This is obviously important for the handful of days of sunshine we get in the UK each year!
Jack Black, which I'm reliably informed is not named
after the somewhat poorly groomed actor of the same name.
 
If one is in sunnier climes, I would probably be tempted by something like the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm (£7.25, 7g) with its SPF 25 and, let’s face it, sleek California pool-side worthy exterior. They also come in a astoundingly huge variety of kissable flavours (think natural mint and shea butter or black tea and blackberry, to name a few).
For now though, when I’m in Blightly, I’m sticking to MB.

No comments:

Post a Comment