Thursday 17 October 2013

Product Review: REN Skincare, Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (£30.00, 50ml)


The lovely people at REN sent me a sample of this glycolactic radiance renewal mask a while ago. I've now tested it out four or five times, so I finally feel able to say something about it.

I've had limited success with masks in the past. I remember using an awesome matifying mask from Dior Homme Dermo System circa 2008 (it really worked), but other than that I've been underwhelmed on a number of occasions. 

But this award-winning offering from REN has, I must admit, left me feeling pretty good about face masks of late. With a beeswax-like texture, and a scent of grapefruit and papaya, I almost felt like I was in a spa in Bali rather than my Barbican bathroom when I put this on for the first time.

And the tropical fruits are not just to perfume this product. The natural acids from the lemon, grape and pineapple all detoxify and cleanse, while helping reveal a new layer of fresh epidermis to the world. Because this is REN, there's no chemical peel here, which should make this product fairly safe to use for all except those with incredibly delicate skin. I've certainly not found the mask to cause any irritation.

After leaving the mask on for around 10 minutes (I usually go a little longer because I'm too busy inhaling the tropicana), you wipe off the excess gel-like goodness from your face and then rinse. 

Although not particularly cheap, as you only need to use this weekly (or maybe even just before that night out or special occasion), the £30.00 should take you quite a long way. I've used a 15ml sample and I've had around five applications with still some to spare.

Just one warning: there will be no taking of "face mask selfies" using this. The mask is almost translucent, and is not a mud mask or similar where you get to answer your front door to strangers and scare the sh*t out of them.

2 comments:

  1. Have wanted to try this for a long time - have been looking for a more gentle exfoliating mask and this seems to fit the bill - great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      This is quite a sensitive mask, but I've found it excellent as a pre-evening revival - especially if I've been out during the day and need a quick pick-me-up.

      Let me know what you think when you try it!

      Delete