Monday 9 September 2013

Product Review: Korres, Yoghurt Moisturising Cream (Around £19.00, 40ml)

Korres - do you put it on your face or in your mouth?

I want to like this product so much. And I really do. Almost.

Don't get me wrong, I love Korres. And this moisturising cream smells utterly fantastic when you first pop open that little pot. Nearly good enough to eat.

Also, as it's packed with antioxidants to nourish the skin, I do feel very healthy and satisfied immediately after using this cream.

But am I convinced of the more long-term results? Well, only sort of.

As with all Korres products, there are no mineral oils or other naughty stuff here. Also, yoghurt provides a natural source of lactose, proteins and vitamins, which all can help soothe and moisturise the skin.

As well, the cream itself is thick and luxurious. And designed for normal to combination skin, this rich moisturiser spreads onto the face just like you'd expect real yoghurt to, slowly but with good intent. 

Does my skin feel fresh, revitalised and deeply moisturised come morning? I'm not so sure about that. The instant gratification upon application is somewhat dampened by the feeling that nothing has happened other than that my naturally oily forehead is slightly aggravated. Maybe my skin isn't dehydrated enough for yoghurt...!?

As an aside - I have only been testing this product out at night. There's no way I'd put something so thick on my little face in the morning, especially if I'm going to be layering on top with sun screen etc. 

I may test this product again in the depths of winter when my skin really might be feeling the effects of some extreme weather and let you know if I feel differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment